Find cheap flights to Kota Kinabalu
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (12% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|RM 77||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
|RM 26||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Kota Kinabalu
- Looking for cheap airfare to Kota Kinabalu? 25% of our users found return tickets to Kota Kinabalu for the following prices or less: From Kuala Lumpur RM 263, from Johor Bahru Sultan Ismail Intl RM 292, from Penang Intl RM 350
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Kota Kinabalu is January.
- There are two pay-per-use lounges you can access at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI). The Plaza Premium Lounge has two locations—one in the Domestic Terminal and the other in the International Terminal. Hot showers are available in both lounges.
- You can find sleep capsules at the Napzone KKIA by Sovotel hotel located on Level 1 of Terminal 1. The rooms include free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, massage chairs, and lockers. For a four hour stay, expect to pay around RM 70. A six hour stay costs around RM 100.
- On Level 3, across from the entrance to the Departure Hall, you can find luggage storage services. The facility charges about RM 5 per bag for the first three hours and then RM 2 for the hours thereafter. Alternatively, for RM 15, you can store your bag for up to 24 hours. If you just need to store something small in a locker, expect to pay RM 5 for two-hour periods.
FAQs - booking Kota Kinabalu flights
How long is the flight to Kota Kinabalu?
What is the cheapest flight to Kota Kinabalu?
Which airlines fly to Kota Kinabalu?
How far is Kota Kinabalu airport from central Kota Kinabalu?
What is the name of Kota Kinabalu’s airport?
What are the transportation options for travel to the city centre?
Does Kota Kinabalu International Airport offer services for disabled passengers?
Is there free Wi-Fi at Kota Kinabalu Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Kota Kinabalu
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Kota Kinabalu Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Kota Kinabalu Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Kota Kinabalu
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.