Find cheap flights to Kota Kinabalu
Book Cheap Kota Kinabalu Plane Tickets(Return)
Good to know
|Average price:||RM 365|
|Good deal:||RM 158|
Best time to avoid the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Kota Kinabalu
- Looking for cheap airfare to Kota Kinabalu? 25% of our users found return tickets to Kota Kinabalu for the following prices or less: From Johor Bahru Sultan Ismail Intl RM 290, from Kuala Lumpur RM 310, from Penang Intl RM 340
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be October, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Kota Kinabalu is February.
- There are two pay-per-use lounges you can access at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI). The Plaza Premium Lounge has two locations—one in the Domestic Terminal and the other in the International Terminal. Hot showers are available in both lounges.
- You can find sleep capsules at the Napzone KKIA by Sovotel hotel located on Level 1 of Terminal 1. The rooms include free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, massage chairs, and lockers. For a four hour stay, expect to pay around RM 70. A six hour stay costs around RM 100.
- On Level 3, across from the entrance to the Departure Hall, you can find luggage storage services. The facility charges about RM 5 per bag for the first three hours and then RM 2 for the hours thereafter. Alternatively, for RM 15, you can store your bag for up to 24 hours. If you just need to store something small in a locker, expect to pay RM 5 for two-hour periods.
FAQs - booking Kota Kinabalu flights
How long is the flight to Kota Kinabalu?
|Flights from Johor Bahru||2h 18m|
|Flights from Tawau||0h 55m|
|Flights from Kuching||1h 27m|
|Flights from Penang||2h 45m|
|Flights from Kuala Lumpur||2h 38m|
What is the cheapest flight to Kota Kinabalu?
The cheapest airline ticket to Kota Kinabalu from Malaysia in the last 72 hours was RM 130 return on the route Tawau to Kota Kinabalu. The most popular route is Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was RM 1,038 return.
Which airlines fly to Kota Kinabalu?
In general from Malaysia, AirAsia, Firefly and Emirates fly the most to Kota Kinabalu. The most popular route is from Kuala Lumpur, and AirAsia, Firefly & Emirates fly this route the most.
How far is Kota Kinabalu airport from central Kota Kinabalu?
Kota Kinabalu Airport is 6 kilometres from the centre of Kota Kinabalu. View on map.
What is the name of Kota Kinabalu’s airport?
Kota Kinabalu is served by Kota Kinabalu Airport, also commonly referred to as Kota Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu Intl. The airport code is BKI.
What are the transportation options for travel to the city centre?
Most travellers opt for either a bus or taxi from the airport. The Airport Bus takes passengers to the city in about 20 to 45 minutes for RM 5 and stops at Center Point, Horizon Hotel, and Padang Merdeka. Prepaid taxis are also available for hire and you can find taxi counters in the arrivals hall. A 20-minute taxi ride to the city centre will come to about RM 30.
Does Kota Kinabalu International Airport offer services for disabled passengers?
Disabled passengers requiring a wheelchair will find that the airport is quite accessible for their needs, with ample availability of ramps and elevators. There are also adapted toilets to accommodate wheelchair use.
Is there free Wi-Fi at Kota Kinabalu Airport?
Yes, there is free Wi-Fi available for sessions lasting up to four hours. You will need to complete a quick registration upon connecting.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Flights to Kota Kinabalu
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.