Find cheap flights to Hong Kong
Book Cheap Hong Kong Plane Tickets(Return)
Cons: I was not allowed on board due to absence of a transit visa for HongKong (I had few hours transit there before my next flight back to EU). I am allowed to stay up to 48h in HK airport for transit without any visa, I had to quickly find and purchase the flight ticket to HK with another airlines, with them it was no problem to fly to HK for transit. All other few flights with AirAsia were bad as well. We were refused to get water as a complimentary during a log flight from HK to Manila. Every flight was always delayed up to ~1 h.
Pros: Crew was really nice
Cons: There wer plenty of empty seats and the other people sitting in my row wanted to move to open seats but weren’t allowed because the seats apparently cost more money than our seats. I think that’s a bit stingy of the airlines because no one is sitting there. Why not allow people to be comfortable?
Good to know
|Average price:||RM 893|
|Good deal:||RM 462|
Best time to avoid the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Hong Kong
- Looking for cheap airfare to Hong Kong? 25% of our users found return tickets to Hong Kong for the following prices or less: From Kuala Lumpur RM 624, from Kota Kinabalu RM 707, from Kuching RM 733
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Hong Kong is March.
- If you need a hot shower after the long flight to Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), head to the Plaza Shower and Relaxation Lounge located in Terminal 1. The lounge is open 24 h a day.
- Before leaving Hong Kong Airport to head to your accommodation, take your little ones to the Aviation Discovery Center in Terminal 2 where they can learn about Hong Kong’s aviation history and watch the plane activity from the SkyDeck.
- Hong Kong Airport offers free Wi-Fi with no registration required. If you don’t have your own device to access the internet, make use of one of the airport’s 94 desktop computers with free internet access, which are located in Terminal 1.
- The Airport Express train is a fast and hassle-free way to travel to the city centre from the airport. The service takes less than half an hour with trains departing every 10 min. Tickets cost HK$90 (≈ RM 45) to Kowloon Station and HK$100 (≈ RM 50) to HK Station, while groups of two or more passengers can take advantage of a group discount. Many hotels in the area offer free shuttle services from train stations in the centre.
FAQs - booking Hong Kong flights
How long is the flight to Hong Kong?
|Flights from Kuala Lumpur||4h 05m|
What is the cheapest flight to Hong Kong?
The cheapest airline ticket to Hong Kong from Malaysia in the last 72 hours was RM 441 return on the route Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong. The most popular route is Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was RM 1,025 return.
Which airlines fly to Hong Kong?
In general from Malaysia, AirAsia, Firefly and Cathay Pacific fly the most to Hong Kong. The most popular route is from Kuala Lumpur, and Firefly, Cathay Pacific & Cathay Dragon fly this route the most.
How far is Hong Kong airport from central Hong Kong?
Hong Kong Airport is 26 kilometres from the centre of Hong Kong. View on map.
What is the name of Hong Kong’s airport?
Hong Kong is served by Hong Kong Intl Airport, also commonly referred to as Hong Kong, Hong Kong Intl, or simply Hong Kong Airport. The airport code is HKG.
Can I travel with my pet to Hong Kong International Airport?
Note that a special permit is required to transport your dog or cat into Hong Kong. You will also need to provide proof of vaccinations and pay a permit fee. If approved, animals will need to spend at least four months in quarantine after they arrive.
Can I use one of Hong Kong Airport’s passenger lounges if I don’t have a business or executive class ticket?
Hong Kong Airport houses several lounges that can be accessed by pay-per-use, single visit passes, making it convenient for travellers to take advantage of amenities, such as food, drink, private resting areas, and hot showers. The Plaza Premium Lounge has three locations within the airport: one in the West Hall of Terminal 1, one in the East Hall of Terminal 1, and one in the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 2.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.