Find cheap flights to Tokyo
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (2% less expensive on average)|
|June||Most popular time to fly (6% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|RM 445||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
|RM 324||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Tokyo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Tokyo? 25% of our users found return tickets to Tokyo for the following prices or less: From Kuala Lumpur RM 1,362, from Kota Kinabalu RM 1,666, from Kuching RM 1,697
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and March. The cheapest month to fly to Tokyo is July.
- Haneda International Airport (HND) is located closer to central Tokyo than Narita International Airport (NRT), however, considering flying into NRT as it has better public transportation options.
- Instead of waiting in lines to purchase a SIM card at a telecommunication counter, you can opt to purchase a prepaid data SIM card from a vending machine at Narita Airport. Vending machines can be found in both Terminal 1 and 2. Note that some machines only accept cash while others just accept cards.
- Mothers with infants can stop at one of the baby care rooms located in all three terminals at Narita International Airport to nurse their baby in a private nursing booth or change diapers. Pushchairs are also available free of charge.
- Exchange your ringgits for yen at currency exchange counters located in the arrival lobby on the second floor of Haneda Airport and in the arrivals halls of all three terminals at Narita Airport.
FAQs - booking Tokyo flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Malaysia to Tokyo due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from Malaysia to Tokyo due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Tokyo?
What is the cheapest flight to Tokyo?
Which airlines fly to Tokyo?
Which Tokyo airport is closest to central Tokyo?
Do Tokyo airports have any on-site hotels?
Do Tokyo airports offer prayer rooms?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Tokyo?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Tokyo?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Tokyo?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Tokyo?
Top 5 airlines flying to Tokyo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.