Find cheap flights to Tokyo
Good to know
|Average price:||RM 1,476|
|Good deal:||RM 1,214|
Best time to avoid the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Tokyo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Tokyo? 25% of our users found return tickets to Tokyo for the following prices or less: From Kuala Lumpur RM 1,218, from Penang Intl RM 1,508, from Johor Bahru Sultan Ismail Intl RM 2,235
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly to Tokyo is July.
- Haneda International Airport (HND) is located closer to central Tokyo than Narita International Airport (NRT), however, considering flying into NRT as it has better public transportation options.
- Instead of waiting in lines to purchase a SIM card at a telecommunication counter, you can opt to purchase a prepaid data SIM card from a vending machine at Narita Airport. Vending machines can be found in both Terminal 1 and 2. Note that some machines only accept cash while others just accept cards.
- Mothers with infants can stop at one of the baby care rooms located in all three terminals at Narita International Airport to nurse their baby in a private nursing booth or change diapers. Pushchairs are also available free of charge.
- Exchange your ringgits for yen at currency exchange counters located in the arrival lobby on the second floor of Haneda Airport and in the arrivals halls of all three terminals at Narita Airport.
FAQs - booking Tokyo flights
How long is the flight to Tokyo?
|Flights from Kuala Lumpur||7h 14m|
What is the cheapest flight to Tokyo?
The cheapest airline ticket to Tokyo from Malaysia in the last 72 hours was RM 1,019 return on the route Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo. The most popular route is Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was RM 1,700 return.
Which airlines fly to Tokyo?
In general from Malaysia, JAL, Malaysia Airlines and Firefly fly the most to Tokyo. The most popular route is from Kuala Lumpur, and JAL, Malaysia Airlines & Firefly fly this route the most.
Which Tokyo airport is closest to central Tokyo?
Tokyo is served by 2 major airports. Tokyo Haneda (15 kilometres) is the closest to the centre of Tokyo and Tokyo Narita Airport is 56 kilometres away from the centre. View on map.
Do Tokyo airports have any on-site hotels?
At Haneda International Airport, The Royal Park Hotel is located at the International Passenger Terminal and offers both a regular hotel and a transit hotel. At Narita International Airport, the Narita Airport Rest House is located just 5 min from the airport and even offers a free shuttle bus. Alternatively, Narita Airport offers day rooms for short stays, located in both Terminal 1 and 2. Day rooms are equipped with many guest amenities, including a bed, shower, towels, soap, and a hairdryer.
Do Tokyo airports offer prayer rooms?
Narita International Airport offers several landside and airside prayer rooms for quiet meditation. Find them on the fifth floor of Terminal 1 landside and the second floor of Terminal 1 airside. In the main building of Terminal 2 on the first floor, you can find more prayer rooms both airside and landside. Finally, Terminal 3 houses a prayer room on the second floor landside and the third floor airside. Haneda International Airport has one prayer room, located in the departures hall of the international terminal on the third floor.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets(Return)
Pros: The staff was very nice and helpful.
Cons: No food or drinks? What the hell is that? Not even a snack. I've flown with companies all across the world and everyone of them except you offers something free to eat. Also you switched our flights until they were right after one another. We got on a flight at 12 pm right after we ate lunch. We fly for four hours with no food. We get to the terminal and have to run through to catch our next flight so no food. Then fly another two hours with no food and end at 2 am still hungry. Offer something to eat to your customers, don't be a shitty airline.
Pros: Ground staff is friendly and helpful during baggage check-in. Change of gate is notified via SMS & mail.
Cons: Air conditioning at departure hall was not working properly. It feels rather humid while waiting for boarding.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.