KUL - IST
Find cheap flights from Kuala Lumpur Airport to Istanbul Ataturk Airport
Good to know
|Average price:||RM 2,756|
|Good deal:||RM 2,589|
Best time to avoid the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Kuala Lumpur Intl to Istanbul
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for RM 2,589 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Kuala Lumpur Airport to Istanbul Ataturk Airport was found, on average, 80 days before departure.
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 11% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- Istanbul has two international airports, one on the European side and one on the Asian side of the city. Atatürk Airport is located in the European side and much closer to the major tourist and historic attractions, such as the Hagia Sophia or Basilica Cistern. Sabiha Gökcen Airport is on the Asian side and a good choice for those staying in hotel on the eastern side of the city. It is also close to the Formula 1 race circuit (about 10 minutes away).
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport has various lounges and spa facilities scattered around the airport, including an Emirates Lounge, Dynasty Lounge or Movie Lounge, among many more. For even more relaxation, travellers can also check out the Wellness Spa located in terminal 2 (KLIA 2), where you can enjoy massages and even a hair treatment.
- You may have some time to kill before boarding your flight and with children, this can be stressful. Thankfully, Kuala Lumpur International Airport has baby changing facilities and a play area located in the Main Terminal Building at the Contact Pier, where children can play until it is time to board.
- If you need to relax and freshen up before your flight, the Airport Lounge at Sama-Sama Hotel in Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) can be accessed for RM 78, and has showers (including towels) as well as complimentary food and drink.
- For lower transfer times to central Istanbul, fly to Ataturk International Airport (IST). It is located roughly 20 km from the city centre, compared to 45 km for Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW).
- To avoid roaming fees in Turkey, you can purchase a pay-as-you-go SIM card at the airport from the Turkcell, Vodafone, or Türk Telekom shops.
FAQs for booking Kuala Lumpur Airport to Istanbul Ataturk Airport flights
Book cheap flights from Kuala Lumpur Airport to Istanbul Ataturk Airport (return)
Pros: Crew was amazing. Service is top notch. You get to eat whatever you want whenever you want (no fixed time for menu serving).
Cons: The in flight internet should be of better value for business travelers. Emirates offers full flight connection for business and first class.
Cons: Caboj crew were unfriendly and bordering on being rude. The basic rule of any service is to smile but when you've cabin staff whi look grumpy on a 7h flight that speaks of poor training of cabin staff. Etihad needs to do much better to retain customers on this hot segment.
Pros: The check-in crew in Chicago was very nice and efficient. The flight crew on-board were not friendly, they were very curt and rushed, and did not go out of their way to be helpful.
Cons: Friendlier staff during the flight. Better food for breakfast. The connection port for my headphones did not work...I would not have been able to watch movies if I hadn't brought my own single connection head phones.
Kuala Lumpur Airport - Istanbul Ataturk Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.