George Town hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in George Town
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||RM 370|
|Average price (weekend night):||RM 284|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in George Town cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect George Town hotel
- To see some of George Town’s impressive ancient architecture, select a hotel next to Kek Lok Si, a Buddhist temple that dates back to the 19th century and is known for its colourful decorations and representations of Buddha. The Good Luck Inn is a budget-friendly choice that is only a 2-minute drive from the temple and a 10-minute walk from the popular Sister Curry Mee restaurant.
- If you would like to learn more about the region’s history, choose a hotel near Khoo Kongsi, a historic Chinese temple that contains artefacts related to murals, stone carvings and the Chinese presence in Malaysia. The Armenian Suite hotel is only a 5-minute walk from the museum and an 8-minute walk from the Yap Kongsi Temple.
- Hoping to do some shopping during your trip to George Town? If so, make sure to book a hotel next to Gurney Plaza, such as the G Hotel Kelawai located a 2-minute walk away. Gurney Plaza is a shopping complex that contains a variety of stores, including Adidas and Levi’s.
- For visitors who would like to explore the city’s green spaces, pick a hotel near the Penang Botanic Gardens, such as the affordable Hotel Waterfall located a 3-minute drive away. The Penang Botanic Gardens contain a large selection of plants and wildlife, making it a popular place to relax and enjoy nature.
- If you are an art-enthusiast, book a hotel next to the Glass Museum Penang, such as the Areca Hotel Penang located less than a 3-minute walk away. This museum contains several exhibits featuring artistic glass pieces and offers the choice of purchasing affordable custom-made souvenirs.
FAQs when booking a hotel in George Town
Where to stay in George Town?
Hotels near Bukit Bendera have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Bukit Bendera?
Travellers who like staying near Bukit Bendera recommend Bellevue The Penang Hill Hotel.
Which hotels in George Town have a good pool?
The Berjaya Penang Hotel is a 4-star choice that is only a 2-minute drive from the Reclining Buddha Wat Chaiyamangalaram temple and has a large outdoor pool. The 1926 Heritage Hotel Penang is a 12-minute walk from Gurney Drive and features an outdoor pool as well.
What are good spa hotels in George Town?
The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is a 5-star choice that is a 4-minute drive from the Gurney Plaza shopping mall and has an on-site spa that provides Thai massages. The Gurney Resort Hotel and Residences is a straightforward choice that is adjacent to the Malacca Strait and has both a spa and a sauna.
What are good hotels in George Town near the Goddess of Mercy Temple?
The Palm Mansion Boutique Suites is a casual choice that is a 3-minute walk from the Goddess of Mercy Temple and includes free breakfast for guests. The Queen's Hostel is a budget-friendly option that is a 2-minute walk from the temple and an 8-minute walk from the Penang State Museum and Art Gallery.
What are good hotels in George Town near the Batik Painting Museum Penang?
The Armenian House is a 2-minute walk from the Batik Painting Museum Penang and only a 5-minute walk from the Penang Hajj Gallery. The MIL The Boutique Residence Hotel is a 4-minute walk from the museum and is set in a house that dates back to the 1800s.
How much is a hotel in George Town for tonight?
In the last 3 hours, users have found George Town hotels for tonight for as low as RM 44. Users have also found 3-star hotels from RM 73 and 4-star hotels from RM 120.Search here to find similar prices.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.