Boston car hire information
Boston car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Boston
Good to know
|Most popular agency||Thrifty|
|Most popular car type||Economy|
|Average price||RM 173/day|
|Good deal||RM 151/day|
When to book a hire car in Boston
Top tips for renting a car in Boston
- Rent a car during your stay in Boston and gain ultimate flexibility to explore not only the vibrant city but also the surrounding areas while you’re there, such as Connecticut or New Hampshire. Opting for a rental car will make trips to destinations further out of the city center far easier, for instance the Foxboro Football Stadium, which is 28 miles from Boston and by car can be conveniently reached in half an hour.
- Boston International Airport has a Car Rental Center which features a 4-level garage for the abundance of cars on offer and can be reached by the airport’s free shuttle service. The shuttle bus leaves from all terminals every 5-6 minutes. The buses can be found at the lower level of every terminal and are blue and white. In the Rental Center, there are various different rental services including Zipcar, Entertainment, Avis or E-Z Rent-A-Car, so it should be no hassle to find the perfect ride to further destinations.
- Boston has a lot of traffic and navigating yourself through the many intersections can be confusing at times, however navigation systems can be easily added to a rental car and this will help you reach further destinations without any problems. Boston’s pedestrians are known to jaywalk and cyclists regularly don’t adhere to the traffic light regulations, so paying extra attention and double-checking for pedestrians and cyclists while driving is very important.
- Boston is one of the cities with the worst rush hour in the US, so try to avoid it by going to your destination before or after (rush hour is most intense approximately between 5pm and 6pm on weekdays). Especially the intersections along Interstate 93 and the Route 128 are known to be clogged with traffic and should be avoided during rush hour times altogether if possible, as alternative side roads are also congested during these times. Also bear in mind that winters can bring snow and ice to Boston, and you should drive extra carefully.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Boston for RM 151 or less
- Book your rental car in Boston at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Standard rental cars in Boston are around 25% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Boston
How much does it cost to hire a car in Boston?
On average a hire car in Boston costs RM 173 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Boston?
Economy (Ford Fiesta or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Boston.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Boston?
What is the best rental car company in Boston?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Logan Intl Airport (BOS)?
The only car hire company onsite at Logan Intl Airport is Thrifty.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Logan Intl Airport (BOS)?
The only car hire company that offers shuttle or pick-up services from Logan Intl Airport to off-airport locations is Thrifty.
What is the cheapest car hire location in Boston?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Dollar 100 Tomahawk Drive 02128 (2 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Boston?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Boston?
A Economy car rental in Boston costs RM 192 per day, on average.
How much does a Standard car rental cost in Boston?
A Standard car rental in Boston costs RM 151 per day, on average.
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Boston?
On average a rental car in Boston costs RM 1,213 per week (RM 173 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Boston?
On average a rental car in Boston costs RM 5,200 per month (RM 173 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Boston?
As Boston is a city brimming with cars and limited parking spaces, driving a compact car is preferable to bulky vehicles. Boston’s streets are also very narrow in many places, so choosing a smaller car makes navigating the streets easier.
What's the speed limit in Boston?
If you are driving through a school area, you must not go over 20mph. In popular areas with narrow streets and bends in the road the driving limit is 30mph, whereas you are allowed to drive at 40mph on the outskirts of the city where there is more space. On regular highways you can speed up to 50mph and 60mph on an interstate highway. All roads are marked with speed limit signs as well. Especially at intersections, there may be traffic cameras, so be sure to adhere to all road regulations.
How are gas prices in Boston?
The average gas price in Boston is around $2.95 per gallon. For cheaper gas prices, choose a Mobil petrol station as they often feature the lowest prices. Near the pick-up and drop-off points for car rentals at Boston Airport there is a Gulf Express petrol station to refill the tank, however be prepared for steeper prices.
Where are the best places to park in Boston?
Finding a parking space in Boston can be like finding a needle in a haystack and be mindful when you do find a park, that there are lots of parking meters around. Boston also has multiple parking garages like the Boston Common Parking Garage where you will pay around $11 per day, or the Post Office Square Garage for about $9 per day. Alternatively, there are also parking lots outside the city to avoid traffic altogether. Riverside Station Parking on Grove Street, has the green line subway which can take you into Boston in under an hour. Rote 128 in Westwood is another parking lot in the outskirts of Boston, where you can take the Franklin Line train into the city.