Built in 1945, amid landscaped gardens, the hotel has undergone a complete refurbishment, through the rehabilitation of the existing building and the addition of a completely new section. The hotel dominates a busy junction and is situated in the citys commercial centre. Hotel was opened at November 8, 2005.The hotel has undergone a phased up-grading to incorporate 177 luxurious rooms offering various categories of rooms and suites. The hotel has two restaurants, modern banqueting and meeting facilities, wellness facilities, an up-market shopping area, a pastry shop and a laundry shop. The hotel offers complete services for the discerning business traveller and meets some of the citys growing needs for international standard accommodation and business facilities in a 5 star ambiance.